When you're adding fields for the first time it's possible you may forget a value or two, in a drop-down or multi-select field, or you may need to add more values as time goes on.
Whatever the reason, it's really easy to add another value to a field that already exists.
- Click on the Field you need to add your value to. The Field Type, for this particular subject, should either be a Drop-down or a Multi-select. Those are the only Fields with values that users will go in and select 1+ of.
- You will see a button that says Export current Drop-down values to CSV - This will allow you to export and alter/sort a large number of values into a .CSV file that will open in Excel.
- Below, is a checkbox saying Use CSV File to Upload Values? This is a great option if you have a LOT of values to add for your drop-down. Some of our clients have Location as a drop-down field with 30+ values! More information on uploading values with a .CSV can be found Here.
- You should see a pale yellow box surrounding the values you currently have listed for this field. At the bottom of this list, you should see a +Add New button.
- Clicking +Add New will add another blank box to fill in an extra value!
- Hit "Sort" if you want the values sorted in alphabetical or descending order and Save your Field!
- Now the new value(s) will appear in your drop-down/multi select field!