Within UCM, we refer to the top portion of your screen the Enterprise Ribbon. This area also won’t change, no matter where you are within the system.
In any training material that you’ll find in our Knowledgebase, you’ll commonly hear us refer to the Enterprise Ribbon when giving initial directions on how to complete a task in UCM. That is because most of what you’ll want to do in the system, Create a Contract, search for a Contract, create Reports on groups on Contracts, etc, all begin, or are fully accomplished, by using the Enterprise Ribbon.
To begin, lets break the Enterprise Ribbon into five (5) basic sections:
(1) Logo: Most of you will see the UCM logo here, but if you’d like to have your own custom logo here, please contact us at email@example.com and we can assist.
(2) Login Information: Here you can see your Username (as well as the type of User you are: (A) = Admin | (F) = Full-Access | (R) = Read-Only | (T) = Template-Only), your Company Name, and your current UAP, or Object (for the majority of you this will be Contract Management System and there will be no other option).
(3) Global Search/Profile & Help: Global Search will be your most used feature of this area. It is how you search across the entire system for a single Contract, and more information about how Global Search works can be found HERE. The Profile/Help link will allow you to edit some of your personal profile settings, as well as links to our Knowledgebase and a list of your System Administrators.
(4) Tabs: We are going to explore each Tab in more detail below, but when you hear us refer to a Tab in any training material, unless we specify that it is a Tab in a Container, we are referring to the Tabs in the Enterprise Ribbon. Ex: “Go to the Attachments Tab” means the Tab in our Enterprise Ribbon, “From inside a Contract Container, head to the Attachment Tab” means the Tabs that are located in the Container.
(5) Icons: The two icons to the right of the Tabs are for Direct Entry and Activity Log. Direct Entry (Green Plus) allows you to enter a new Contract Container no matter where you are in they system. Activity Log will allow you to view any and all Activities that you are currently assigned to.
Now let’s take a brief look at each tab in the Enterprise Ribbon:
(A) Home: This tab will simply return you to the Home Page. You can find more detail on the Home Page HERE.
(B) Contracts: The Contracts Tab will show you all the contracts in your system that you have access to, and it is also where you create Reports, or Views, from. More information about Views can be found HERE.
(C) Attachments/Milestones/Activities: Similar to the Contracts Tab, Attachments, Milestones, & Activities, also allow you to view all of a that particular item, and create Views specifically for those items.
(D) Company Admin: This option will ONLY appear for Administrators. It is where the System configuration and general settings are located at.
(E) Assigned Contracts: This tab is tied to Workflow. It will display a list of all Contracts that are currently in a Stage that you are assigned to. This can act as a “To-Do” list of sorts for when you are working inside of the system. It will only display if you are assigned to at least one Contract.
(F) Contracts to Review: Similar to the Assigned Contracts Tab, if your Organization uses Reviewers, then any Contracts that you are assigned to will appear here. Just like above, if you are not assigned to any Contracts as a Reviewer, then this Tab will not appear.