Basic User Permissions: Allow To
Your user has a few checkbox options right underneath the User Info section that can adjust what they are allowed to do. Depending on the user type (Admin, Full-Access, Read-Only, No-Login/Template) the options may be slightly different, but they are fairly consistent, and easy to understand their function:
- (A) Share Views: Share any user created views with others in your company
- (B) Add/Edit/Delete Views: Enable or Disable the Users ability to work with Views
- (C) Auto Create Activities: Outdated relic option from older version of UCM
- (D) Auto Create Milestones: Outdated relic option from older version of UCM
- (E) Report Views: Allows your user to create a Spreadsheet Report from their views
- (F) Use Templates: Grants access to Templates (if enabled in your system)
- (G) Show All History: Shows the entire history of whatever you’re viewing. Leaving this box unchecked will make it so your user ONLY sees their history activity.
- (H) Allow Workflow Override: Gives ability to swap out workflows on a contract container
- (I) Use Document Library: Grants access to Document Library (if enabled in your system)
- (J) Allow Collaboration: User can initiate and be involved in Collaboration conversations (if enabled within your system)
Basic User Permissions: Contract Actions
Right under the Allow To section, is a box called Contract Actions. These five checkboxes allow you to do mass changes and actions to your contracts. These are only available for Admins and Full-Access Users, and should be given out with extreme caution. We recommend only giving these permissions out when absolutely needed, and to even come back in and disable once the task that required them re completed.
- (A) Delete Selected: Delete all selected Contracts. There is no cost-effective way to retrieve deleted contracts within UCM. This is the most dangerous Action that could be performed. You do get a few pop-up warnings before completing the action, but use the most caution with this checkbox.
- (B) Copy Selected: Create a single copy of a contract container, including attachments if you wish. Works as a great tool if you have multiple contracts that are very similar, or you re-up with an old vendor and want to create a new container with the old history, while still preserving the original contract container.
- (C) Modify Selected: Change details of a container like Name, Owner, Type, Workflow, etc at a mass level. If the contracts are not selected carefully, lots of details about multiple contracts could get changed very quickly.
- (D) Email Selected: Outdated relic option from older version of UCM. Leave Unchecked. Replaced with Collaboration and Email tab from within contract container.
- (E) Create Corresponding X Records: Create Activities and Manual Milestones, or add Attachments or Notes, to Contracts on a mass scale. No much irreversible damage can be done with this option, but with any mass change options, it could take a decent amount of time to clean up any mess that could be made accidentally.