Documents can be added to existing contract containers in lots of different ways. With a recent enhancement you can use templates to add attachments right from the attachments tab of a contract container! This eliminates a LOT of remembering for users and allows Read Only users to easily edit information in a contract container!
- From the contract you’re adding a document to, go to the attachments tab. As part of a recent enhancement, you should see the template and Library template icon added above the attachments grid!
Add Attachments with a Library Template
- Using the icon on the right, shown in the screenshot above, you can open a menu of your company's library templates.
- From this menu click on the link "Click to fill Fields"
- After clicking this link, you will come to a screen like the one below. Note: The radio button selected is "Add to existing Contract Container" and you can't change the Contract Name this document is associated with.
- Fill out the mandatory Document Title. Category, State, Description and Document folder are all optional. If this is not the Primary Document, make sure to un-check the box!
- Scroll down to the Fill Values area. This is where you will enter all information that is going to sync to this container, as configured by your Company Admin.
- To make sure the contract data is going to sync, make sure "Save/Update Data in Container" checkboxes are marked. If they aren't, reach out to your Company Admin; if this box isn't marked it won't add your data to the container.
- Below Fill Values are a few buttons: Preview Only, Preview/Save and a button to add a new document. Before adding a document, you must Preview it and Save it. When you click Preview/Save it will open an AceOffix/Edit-in-Cloud window to show you the document with your field(s) added in their appropriate locations!
Note: If you're not familiar with AceOffix (the plugin required for this feature), reach out to your admin, or check out our article on Edit-in-Cloud!