Before doing any mass changes to your system, we suggest doing a full contract back-up!
If you're unsure how to do a full contract backup, click here.
Transfer Fields from One Field Group to Another
- Rename all fields to be transferred with an X in front of their names
- Create new fields using the proper names (without the X) and add the new fields only to the group(s) you want them in
- Export fields to be transferred (those with the X in front of their names). Create a Contract View with the criteria below to bring up all contracts with data in that field.
- XField Name – is null – FALSE
- **Include Archived Contracts**
- Save the export before making changes
- In the exported spreadsheet, change field name headers to the names of the new fields (example: Change “XEffective Date” to “Effective Date”)
- Add the field group name to your field headers using the following format:
- Field Group Name::Field Name (Ex: “General Data::Effective Date”)
- Delete any unnecessary columns, leaving only the Contract ID and the fields being updated then save.
- After closing the spreadsheet, run the file through the bulk loader in Update mode (Check the box for “Update Contracts”)
- Delete old fields (the ones with X in front of their names)